Our Registered Early Childhood Educators are committed to application of early learning programs customized for each age group. Educators closely follow and refer to the Early Learning for Every Child Today: A Framework for Ontario Early Childhood Settings, also known as the ELECT document
They continually observe children to develop a plan and activities that are developmentally appropriate while meeting each child’s individual needs. Through the planned activities, children develop and expand on the skills from the Five Domains of Child Development; which are:
- Cognitive: learning cause-and-effect, reasoning, as well as early-math skills
- Physical, Health and Well-Being: mastering movement, balance and fine and gross motor skills
- Social/Emotional: creating and maintaining relationships with others and understanding emotions
- Communicative: learning alphabetics, phonemic awareness, oral, and written language.
- Adaptive: learning skills for daily living and self-help.
Complimentary to our play-based curriculum, we offer the Nippissing Screening tool, which evaluates children based on social milestones at all ages. Along with the Nippissing Development Screen parents are also provided with an Academic Evaluation twice a year. This gives our parents the confidence about their child’s progress. Additionally, daily/weekly observations are documented through pictures and reports shared through our parent portal. This gives parents an appreciation of the value in play as see they see their child progress.
Our preschoolers and kindergarten children are also given the opportunity to experience French language. On a weekly basis, educators teach the children basic French, such as the alphabet, numbers and colours.
Other weekly activities include yoga, music and cooking.